Tis’ the season for indoor trees, candles, fireplaces, and gatherings with family and friends. I have some tips for you to keep your home and family safe during this time of year.
- Place your tree several feet away from any heat source.
- Live trees can dry out quick, so be sure to water it as often as necessary.
- Check your light strings and extension cords to be sure they aren’t damaged or frayed.
- Always unplug decorative lights before you leave your home or when you go to sleep.
- Never leaving a burning candle unattended.
- Remove stockings that are hanging from your mantle before lighting your fireplace.
- If you put up lights outdoors, be sure they are rated for outdoor use.
- Keep a close eye on your stove when cooking during holiday parties.
- Do not overload your extension cords.
- Test your smoke alarms.
It’s easy to forget to do these things because we can be quite busy this time of year. So, take time to relax and be safe during this holiday season!