If you are currently expecting a baby, it’s important to understand your health insurance policy. Having a child is expensive, but knowing what you should/shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for is extremely important.
In this blog post I will provide a list of noteworthy benefit plan questions to look into to better understand what will/will not be covered:
1. What is your policy’s deductible, coinsurance, and out of pocket maximum?
2. Are your doctors and hospital in or out of network with your insurance provider?
3. If you have an HMO policy, do you need a referral from your primary care physician to see an OBGYN or other specialists?
4. What prenatal tests are covered?
5. How are prenatal care visits covered?
6. Is a breast pump covered?
7. How will your diagnostic tests (ultrasounds, blood work, etc.) be covered?
8. How will your insurance policy cover the costs of delivery and nursery care?
9. How will your Postnatal Care be covered? Postnatal care refers to the care you will receive after your baby is born.
10. What needs to be done to add your child to your policy after birth?
At VAST, we have a dedicated benefits team that can help you navigate this process as well. If you have any questions give us a call today!