This communication is in an effort to assist employers with compliance with Michigan State regulations.
Most Michigan employers are required to post the total number of job-related injuries and illnesses that occurred in calendar year 2013 (some exceptions do apply – check the FAQ at the LARA/MiOSHA website – click the link below – for further recordkeeping instructions). Most employers must complete and post the MIOSHA Form 300A (Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses) for three months, from February 1 to April 30, 2014.
The recently revised Form 300, 300A and 301 can be found on the LARA/MiOSHA website at http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-61256_11407_30929-86277–,00.html Note that if you haven’t done so already, you can save this to your desktop for 2013 reporting year and keep up with it as you go through the year.
Notice the three tabs at the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet for all three forms. These forms are formatted to a legal-sized document.
- Enter data onto the forms.
- Save forms to your local computer/network for future retrieval and editing.
- The spreadsheets are set-up to perform calculations.
- Electronic forms are subject to the same completion and retention requirements as the hard-copy alternative.
- There is no requirement to submit forms to MIOSHA either electronically or otherwise. Maintain at your place of business just as the hard copies used previously.
If you have questions on record keeping, click on the following link and you will be directed to the MIOSHA record keeping Q&A page:
Also, you can contact MiOSHA Management Information Systems Section at 517.322.1848 for recordkeeping information and forms.
Happy record keeping!