It’s almost summer and that means it’s about time to set off on that family road trip. Whether you’re traveling to grandma’s house or the Grand Canyon, there are some key tips that can make or break your vacation. With all the packing and planning, your insurance agent might not be at the top of the list, but maybe they should be and I’ll tell you why.
Trip Interruption Coverage
- This coverage could provide up to $500 for expenses you incur if your automobile breaks down more than 100 miles away from your home. A hotel room sure beats camping on the side of the road.
Increased Transportation Cost Coverage
- The increased transportation cost endorsement could provide up to $100 for expenses incurred for transportation from the place your automobile was disabled to your intended destination. Most tow trucks don’t have room for a family of four, so this means you’ll have to pay for a ride. Let us help.
Road Trouble Service
- Road trouble service pays for expenses incurred which includes changing a flat tire, dead battery starts, towing, emergency fuel service and lockout service. This can come in handy if you run out of gas in the middle of no-where; trust me from experience! Let’s just say Montana doesn’t have a lot of gas stations.
Personal Property Coverage
- Personal property coverage can include up to $500 for loss or damage to personal property contained in your automobile due to theft or attempted theft.
Identity Theft Expense Coverage
- This coverage could provide up to $15,000 for identity theft expenses as a result of any one identity theft. These days many tourists are falling victim to this. In addition to this coverage, I also advise keeping all important paperwork and credit cards locked in the glove box of your car to help prevent losing them or having them stolen.
- Re-Key coverage provides up to $250 to have the key system in your car replaced if your keys are stolen and the theft is promptly reported to the police. These days, new keys are expensive and we can help.
These are some of the key coverages that we can offer you before you set off on your big trip. For more information or to get these coverage’s added to your policy please contact Cole Horton at 906.228.7500 or email@example.com.