Craft beverages have become a growing trend, not only here in our town, but across the U.S. According to the Brewers Association, overall beer sales were down 1% in 2017. However, craft brewer sales continue to grow at a rate of 5% by volume. Craft production has grown the most in microbreweries. Due to the large growth in craft beverages, many insurance companies have specially designed programs for breweries. Here are five insurance coverages breweries should look for in an insurance policy:
- Product contamination – provides coverage if beverage product becomes contaminated while on your premises or comes into contact with a substance within processing, or storage equipment that affects the quality.
- Equipment breakdown – provides coverage against the sudden and accidental breakdown of machinery and equipment.
- Collapse of tank – coverage for sudden or abrupt collapse of tank.
- Craft Brew Market Value – in the event of a covered loss, this will provide the market price the beverage could have been sold at.
- Transit Coverage – protects against the loss or damage of raw ingredients or finished products occurring during transport.
There are many things to consider when owning a brewery, and these are just a few coverages to help keep your operation running smoothly in the event of a claim. Cheers!