Another year is in the bag for VAST and with it brought some great memories, successes, and celebrations. Let’s take a peek at some of the highlighted moments from 2018.
- 212°: This year’s focus was based off the concept of “212 degrees” – one degree more than the boiling point. This concept is about going the extra mile and adding that additional degree in all that we do to bring ourselves as a whole to “boiling”.
- Being “Lean”: Another concept of the year is becoming a “leaner” agency and improve our daily procedures so we work as a well-oiled machine. With that notion, the Lean Committee was created and many great ideas have stemmed from the members of that group, as well as the entire team.
- Finding Strengths: Quarterly, groups of our team met with Simply Superior Consulting to focus on team building and discovering our personal strengths. This day provided great incite for everyone as we honed in on our own skills, as well as our teammate’s skills. The opportunity to participate in these sessions ultimately helped everyone become a tighter knit group and gave us time to reflect on our own talents to share with teammates.
- Innovation: This year, VAST continued a series of commercials and producing the quarterly VAST Blast that is put together by our Innovation committee.
- Culture: The Culture committee threw more fun events through the year to keep everyone well fed, with the Chili cook-off, getting outside with spontaneous cook-outs, and curious with scavenger hunts.
- Zen: Our Zen committee took us through the Wild West with our Oregon Trail themed “health challenge”, helped us relax with in-office massages, and stay healthy with organized cooking classes at the Co-Op.
- Volunteer: It was a notable year for the Volunteer committee organizing events that tallied over 200 hours in employee volunteering throughout the community.
- Additions: VAST added a few talented employees to the team in 2018 including Mary Eberts, Antonio Adan, Katie Lemire, Allie Forenza and Ally O’Neill.
- Family: Along with adding teammates, new babies were added to the VAST family. Jessica Dale and husband, Jonathan, welcome little Joseph Dale in November.
VAST has had some exciting moments in 2018, and we look forward to creating even more in 2019. From our VAST family to yours, we wish you a happy and healthy new year!