While many people are in “Back to School” mode and feeling like summer is over, it doesn’t officially end until September 22! There are still plenty of opportunities to take advantage of the warm weather and evening sunshine. I encourage you to enjoy the outdoors and here are some great late summer activities – which I would argue are even better done when it’s not too hot outside:
- Hiking – a hike when it’s a little cooler is great, especially if you’re taking kids or pets with you. Depending on where you live, you might see the leaves changing color already.
- Fishing & Kayaking – maybe the mosquitos won’t be as bad either!
- Golf – play a quick nine after work or on the weekend and take the kids along too!
- Biking – especially if you’re on the trails and in the woods.
- Watch the sunset – late summer sunsets can be amazing!
- Running or walking – it’s much more enjoyable when it’s a little cooler.
It is a great time to get in your outdoor activity while the weather is still nice and it benefits both your body and your emotional well-being. Remember, even though it may not be as hot, you will still be out in the sun so be sure to apply sunscreen and drink water to stay hydrated. Before you know it, the snowflakes will be in the air to bring a whole new set of outdoor adventures to enjoy!